- Plumbing Services
- Heating and Cooling
- Contact Us
- Most people are unaware that chemicals in our water like chlorine can evaporate into the air during showers, faucet use, washing machine cycles, dishwasher cycles, and sitting water in the toilet. These chemicals although in small quantities contribute to the overall air quality of your home.
- Air contaminants from water quality are one of the leading causes of asthma and bronchitis in homes. We not only breathe in these harmful contaminants, but we also cook with them, wash our bodies and clothes with them, and consume harmful contaminants by drinking tap water.
- Fixture filters at kitchen faucets, vanity faucets and shower heads are unable to adequately remove harmful chemicals, heavy metals, bacteria’s, and microbial cysts that build up city water pipes and distribution systems. Additional fixture filters and whole house water filtration systems are necessary to reduce or eliminate harmful contaminants in our water.
- Common municipal water contaminants are; Lead, Mercury, Zinc, Cadmium, Pharmaceuticals, Microbial Cysts and Other VOC’s, Pesticides, Chlorine and Chlorine Byproducts, and more. These contaminants contribute to the taste, smell, and purity of the water we use and consume in our homes.
- Chlorine and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) are common causes of skin irritations and rash. Chlorine and other water impurities stay in our clothes after being washed in home washing machines with filtered water, and come in contact with our skin when we wear our clothes. Prolonged direct contact with chemicals and impurities on our skin effect the tone and texture of our skin.
- The dishwasher releases more chlorine into the air than any other water source in the house, besides the shower.
- Using a whole house water filter will ensure that the water at every fixture in your home is free of harmful contaminants. Whole house water filters require very little maintenance that includes simply replacing the filter cartridge once a year or every other year. Filters cartridges are generally low in cost, and can be purchased online or at a hardware or home improvement store like Home Depot.
- Installation of a whole house water purification system will generally cost just slightly more than installing an under sink water purifier. Both systems require roughly the same amount of maintenance, although a whole house water filter is a better solution for addressing all of your homes water impurity issues from bad air quality, bad water odor, hard water, chemicals in the water, and VOC’s.
Mr. Pipes Plumbing and Heating
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Public Relations Contact
Boston, MA – Mr. Pipes Plumbing and Heating announced its Better Business Bureau Accreditation today with BBB. BBB has over 400,000 [...]Continue Reading →
GENEROUS BOILER REBATES NOW AVAILABLE
For a limited time only, NSTAR and National Grid are offering generous rebates to residential customers replacing functioning 30 year old boilers.
YOU MUST ACT QUICKLY!
The Early Boiler Replacement Rebate is only available between May 1, 2012 and July 31, 2012.
Customers served by utility providers other than NSTAR [...]Continue Reading →
On May 15, 2012 By admin
I had a customer call us from the Davis Square area of Somerville Massachusetts with a leaking faucet issue. He described his kitchen faucet dripping constantly when both hot and cold water handles are in the off position, and he wanted to know, what it would cost to repair the faucet.
The short answer to [...]Continue Reading →
One of the worst things to happen to your home is a pipe breaks. Whether that toilet is in your bathroom or in your kitchen, it’s likely to cost you a lot of money on your water bill unless you do something about it quickly. Mr. Pipes Plumbing and Heating can get a repair person [...]Continue Reading →
This video demonstrates the steps needed to solder copper pipe.Continue Reading →
This video describes the installation of a 75,000 BTU Laars Minitherm Boiler heating system in Jamaica Plain, Boston MA. The boiler in this video feeds a single zone house, but it can also be installed on multiple zone homes as well.
Benefits of the Laars Minitherm Boiler:
- 85% AFUE Energy Efficiency Rating
- Energy Star [...]
Continue Reading →
View the finished product of a natural gas Navien CH 240 ASME high efficiency forced hot water heating and domestic hot water combination boiler. The two combination boilers in the video were the result of an oil to gas boiler conversion project for a customer in Dorchester, MA. Although we did not utilize the National [...]Continue Reading →
Description of the basic operations of a high efficiency natural gas side wall vented furnace.Continue Reading →
Great JobJan 13, 2013 by Andrew SMr. Pipes Plumbing & Heating 617-459-1771 Boston MA, 02136 USA
Mr. Pipes plumbing was quick service from the get-go. They came same day I called and had my ...
Read full review
Response: Thank you Andrew for the kind words. We are glad to help.business 0.3
Mr. Pipes Plumbing & Heating 617-459-1771 Boston MA, 02136 USA 0.0 0.0 0 0 Reviews for my site